Applying for Financial Aid
Step 1: KCC Acceptance
You must be accepted into Kapiolani Community College (KCC) seeking a degree or certificate program approved for Title IV funding by the Department of Education.
Step 2: FAFSA Application
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You may choose any of the following 3 methods:
- On-line (recommended) at: www.fafsa.gov
- Complete a PDF FAFSA and mail for processing. PFD FAFSA can be found at www.fafas.gov, then scroll to the FAFSA Filing Options link.
- Request a paper FAFSA by calling 1-800-4FED-AID (1-800-433-3243). If you are hearing impaired, contact the TTY line at 1-800-730-8913.
Check the application deadlines before applying. See "Financial Aid Dates and Deadlines" under the Related Links section.
Be sure to:
- Read instructions carefully.
- Complete ALL sections of the application.
- List the Kapiolani Community College (KCC) School Code, 001613, in order for our institution to receive your information electronically.
- Print out and keep a copy of your submitted information for your records.
We highly recommend filing the FAFSA online since there are less chances for errorsand we will receive your electronic results in approximately two weeks.
If completing a paper FAFSA, we will receive your electronic results generally within four weeks from when you mail your FAFSA to the Central Processing Center (CPS) of the U.S. Department of Education. At the same time, CPS will send you a Student Aid Report (SAR). Please read your SAR carefully. If the information is not correct, please make corrections and re-submit it to CPS.
Step 3: Follow Up
You will be notified by email if other document(s) are necessary to complete your financial aid application. You may also check the status of your financial aid online at MyUH (see below).
If your financial aid application is incomplete, pending, or you did not meet the priority deadline (March 1), you MUST RELY ON YOUR OWN RESOURCES to pay for registration, books, supplies and other expenses.
Financial aid applications will be considered on a first come first serve basis (chronologically based on the date all of the documents required were submitted).